What To Look For In a Delaware Personal Injury Attorney
What Qualities Should You Look For When Hiring A Delaware Personal Injury Lawyer
At some point in your life you may find yourself injured due to the fault of another person, party or entity. Under Delaware Personal Injury Law you may be entitled to various means of compensation and benefits depending on the extent and severity of your injuries. Left to your own devices, it can be extremely difficult for you to prove that your injuries are the direct result of someone else's carelessness or negligence. This is where the skill of an experienced Delaware Personal Injury Lawyer can be of great benefit to you. A qualified Delaware Personal Injury Attorney will possess several key qualities that will benefit you, your family and your case. They should not only inform you of your rights but also do everything in their power to protect your rights.
When interviewing personal injury lawyers regarding handling your case there are a few qualities they should possess if they are to properly and effectively represent you. Many times it is easy to be impressed by their website, their print ads or their television and radio commercials. The attorney who spends the most money on advertising is not always the best attorney to handle your Delaware Personal Injury Claim. Qualities you should consider when interviewing a personal injury lawyer are:
1. Experience Handling Your Type Of Claim If you were injured in a Delaware Slip And Fall Accident hiring an attorney who specializes in Medical Malpractice claims may not be the best option for you. The term personal injury is an umbrella term that encompasses many different types of injury and accident cases that occur in many different environments. For each type of personal injury claim there are individual Delaware laws which govern the time limits for filing a claim, type of compensation you may be entitled to and benefits you may be awarded. If the attorney you are speaking with has not handled your type of case before it may not be a great idea to let them handle your case as a means of gaining experience.
2. Litigation Experience In today's legal environment a large majority of personal injury claims are settled out of court and end with a settlement. That is fine and odds are your case could end in a settlement. What you should be aware of is the fact that it could ultimately go to the litigation phase i.e. trial. If the attorney you are speaking with has never had a Delaware Slip And Fall case go to trial it may make sense to find an attorney who has had experience taking Slip And Fall cases to court. There is a huge difference in an attorney being able to negotiate a settlement on your behalf and properly representing your case in court.
3. Their History Of Obtaining Maximum Compensation And Clients For Their Clients When speaking with a prospective personal injury lawyer you should inquire about their history of getting favorable settlements and verdicts for their clients regarding the type of case that applies to you. Also, If you were injured in Delaware you should make sure you are shown settlements and verdicts for Delaware cases similar to yours. If you are speaking with an attorney who practices in multiple states the settlements and verdicts you are shown may not be apples to apples to yours. Also, please bear in mind that no personal injury case is the same as each person suffers different injuries, has different recovery times and may have had a pre-existing injury.
4. Their Professional Affiliations, Community Involvement And Legal Discipline Record The various types of professional organizations, bar associations and other groups they belong to may offer insight regarding their level or commitment to their clients and their profession. If they are involved in their community and routinely give back that can speak volumes about the type of person they are in addition to the type of attorney they are. Also, researching their disciplinary history can alert you to any professional struggles they have had over the course of their career. Much of this information can be found either on their website or by Googling their name.
5. Their History Of Handling Personal Injury Claims Sometimes attorneys can switch practice areas at any given time. Just because an attorney has been practicing law for over 20 years does not mean that they have been practicing personal injury law for that entire time. If they were estate planning lawyers until 6 months ago they most likely lack the experience to appropriately handle your claim.
Contact A Skilled And Experienced Delaware Injury Litigation Lawyer
Contact The Freibott Law Firm regarding filing your Delaware Personal Injury Claim. Mr. Freibott and his staff have over 22 years experience handling all types of personal injury, workers compensation and automobile accident claims in Delaware. They are skilled Delaware Trial Lawyers who are not at all immune to taking your case to trial if a favorable settlement cannot be reached. Let them fight for your rights and get you, and your family, the maximum amount of compensation and benefits for your injuries. Call The Freibott Law Firm at 302 633 9000 in New Castle County, Delaware or Kent County, Delaware. In Sussex County, Delaware please dial 302 227 9559. You can also email The Freibott Law Firm here.
The Freibott Law Firm handles all types of injury and accident claims throughout Delaware including: Wilmington, Newport, Stanton, Newark, New Castle, Bear, Glasgow, Newark, Pike Creek, Hockessin, Claymont, Christiana, Middletown, Smyrna, Dover, Harrington, Milford, Georgetown, Millsboro, Seaford, Laurel, Delmar, Dagsboro, Milton, Lewes, Rehoboth Beach, Dewey Beach, Bethany Beach, Indian River and Fenwick Island.
The Freibott Law Firm competently and effectively manage injury and accident cases occurring on all Delaware roads, highways and interstates including: I-95, I-295, I-495, Route 1, Route 2, Route 4, Route 7, Route 9, Route 13, Route 113, Route 40, Route 273, Route 141, Route 41, Route 202, Route 299, Route 301, Route 8, Route 15, Route 16, Route 404, Route 30, Route 24 and Route 26.